Join Life’s an Adventure on a magnificent 5-day self-guided tour in the Blue Mountains. Situated 2 hours west from Sydney, this stunning world-heritage site is a must when visiting the big city, to switch from noisy city sounds to a peaceful mountain area. This one million hectares of breathtaking waterfalls, sandstone cliffs, eucalyptus forests and its one of the largest and most intact regions of protected bushland of Australia.
Life’s an Adventure has had vast experience providing guided walking tours in the Blue Mountains during the past ten years, we have carefully selected the best of the best to show the cream of the crop in the Blue Mountains during your self-guided walk.
Enjoy the adventure of a self-guided walking tour with all create comforts provided for you. The Blue Mountains is a magnificent world-heritage site and so it is a perfect spot for a walking holiday with spectacular scenery and wildlife.
• We’ll carry your bags for you! Your luggage will be carried ahead of you to the next accommodation resulting in a more relaxing walk. Only a daypack is needed during the tour filled with items that are necessary for yourself.
• An alternative free tour when there is heavy rain during one of the days or you need a rest day. Either to Jenolan Caves or (a Mudgee Wine tour – Sunday’s only).
• A complimentary Walking APP for each day – with GPS triggers to show you where you are.
* No credit card fees when booking with us.
• Includes the Scenic World Pass for the Scenic Railway which provides you easier access into the valley and a spectacular Scenic Skyway gondola ride suspended across the Jamison Valley,
• To keep your peace of mind we will even provide you with an EPIRB free of charge.
• Lots of information provided during the tour about the flora, fauna, history and geology of the Blue Mountains in our extensive notes.
• Choice of easier walking options most days to suit your level of fitness.
• As we are a Sydney/Blue Mountains based company, we are only a phone call away from ensuring you will have a memorable experience whilst you are on tour.
A privately guided option of this tour is available with pickup from Sydney. Ask about costs with our reservations team.
Your adventure starts any time after 2 pm at Blackheath for the 5-day itinerary. Today you can visit an amazing coffee shop, pounder art galleries or just hang out at a historic pub.
Today is one of the must-do of the Blue Mountains. This grand circuit wanders down Pope’s Glen Creek from Blackheath village all the way to the escarpment. It follows the cliff tops along to the top of Bridal Veil Falls and then loops back along Braeside Creek back home for an early finish to the day.
However approximately half way during the tour, there is an option to extend your trip for the more adventurous. This additional walk is a classic cliff top walk which brings you to Pulpit Rock lookout highlighting magnificent views of the Grose Valley.
The extended option is from Pulpit rock to Boyd’s Beach and Govetts Leap. It is an easy-graded walk of 6 kilometres and is 2 hours extra.
This fantastic full day Blue Mountains hiking experience includes a must-do ride on the thrilling Scenic Railway the steepest railway in the world (a dramatic short cut to the valley floor for our group) and great hiking experience to Ruined Castle. We traverse the Jamieson Valley and climb Ruined Castle, one of the most visible and remarkable landmarks of the Blue Mountains. The 360-degree views from the rocky outcrop of Ruined Castle is a stunning climax to this wonderful Blue Mountains walk. Enjoy a delicious lunch before returning. For most thank goodness, we have booked you a return ticket on the Scenic Railway to avoid 310 metres climb back to the cliff top?
Or will you rise to the Furber Challenge on the way back? An alternative to riding up the Scenic Railway, this track climbs steeply through dense rainforest past Katoomba falls and delightful grottoes.
We do offer an Easier option this day for the less active which is just as beautiful. This option is to ride the Scenic railway and then walk Federal pass and come back via the Golden Stairs. The easier option is a medium-grade walk and is 6.3 kilometres and lasts for 4 hours.
Today we see the Three Sisters, the Blue Mountains’ most spectacular landmark. This must-see attraction is experienced by millions of people each year. The Three Sisters is essentially an unusual rock formation representing three sisters who according to Aboriginal legend were turned to stone and today you will be not just taking a picture of it (like most tourists), but also walking through it down to the forest floor, via the famous giant stairway.
An amazing transformation of scenery takes place where you are quickly taken to a magical place of ferns, mosses and towering dogwoods. You may even better be treated to an impromptu meeting with the local lyrebird.
At this day there is also an option for a less-active walk. This walk will bring you to the Three sisters, Prince Henry Cliff Walk and Leura. It is an easy-graded 8,4, km walk for 3 hours.
Day 5 will be your last day, which doesn’t involve any hiking. After your breakfast, you will be transferred to the station of Leura, if necessary.
We run this tour every day throughout the whole year for a minimum of 2 persons. Check the information below about availability and if you have any questions about any departures please contact us at email@example.com.
5 day walk
$ 1295 /p
|Cvernight bags transported to your accommodation|
|2 x delicious dinners in local restaurants included|
|3 x lunches|
|4 x breakfasts|
|Scenic world pass|
|No credit card fees|
|An alternative free tour when there is heavy rain on one of the days.|
|An EPIRB for your safety|
|Extensive notes with provided information about the flora, fauna, history and geology of the Blue Mountains|
5-day walk Price…. $1295
• Deposit of $250 per person required at time of booking With final payments due 8 weeks prior to departure. Once final payments received you will receive your trail notes and tour information.
* Prices are per person in Australian dollars and include GST.
• Prices are based on twin share of rooms. If you are travelling solo you may be required to share with someone of the same gender. Because of limited rooms, it is not possible to offer single supplements on this tour.
• Note: If you are booking within 8 weeks of your departure date – we will require full payment at the time of booking
• Payments must be made online via our NAB (National Australia Bank) secure payment page via credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or over the phone.
• NO Credit Card booking fees apply.
* Cancellations are not permitted for Self Guided tours, however, you can change to an alternative date or change names on bookings.
• We advise taking our Travel Insurance to cover items such as cancellation of tour due to minimum numbers not met, or adverse weather conditions, injury, evacuation, delayed flights, illness, etc.