about our team
Life's An Adventure is an award-winning company providing exceptional outdoor adventures.
Our recent awards include..
- Winner 2013 Blue Mountains Tourism Awards - Adventure Tourism
- Winner 2013 Blue Mountains Tourism Awards - Tour Operator
- Silver Award 2013 Blue Mountains Tourism Awards - Eco Tourism
- Finalist (announced Oct 2013) 2013 Blue Mountains Tourism Business of the Year
- Winner 2012 Blue Mountains Tourism Business of the Year
- (Note: No Sydney Tourism Awards held in 2013)
- Winner 2012 Greater Sydney Tourism Awards - Adventure Tourism
- Winner 2012 Greater Sydney Tourism Awards - Tour Operator
- Winner 2012 Blue Mountains Tourism Awards - Adventure Tourism
- Winner 2012 Blue Mountains Tourism Awards - Tour Operator
- Silver Award 2012 Eco Tourism - NSW Tourism Awards of Excellence
- Silver Award 2012 Adventure Tourism - NSW Tourism Awards of Excellence
- Silver Award 2012 Tour Operator - NSW Tourism Awards of Excellence
- Winner 2011 Greater Sydney Tourism Awards Adventure Tourism
- Winner 2011 Greater Sydney Tourism Awards Tour Operator
- Winner 2011 Blue Mountains Tourism Awards Adventure Tourism
- Winner 2011 Blue Mountains Tourism Awards Tour Operator
- Winner 2011 Blue Mountains Tourism Business of the Year
- Bronze Award 2011 NSW Tourism Awards 2011 Tour Operator
- Finalist NSW Tourism Awards 2012 Adventure Tourism (winners announced Nov '12)
- Finalist NSW Tourism Awards 2012 Tour Operator (winner announced Nov'12)
- Finalist NSW Tourism Awards 2011 Adventure Tourism
- Highly Commended Blue Mountains Tourism Awards 2010 Adventure Tourism
Life’s An Adventure's aim is to promote a love and appreciation of the great outdoors by showcasing the hidden treasures of Sydney, The Blue Mountains and Tasmania's National Parks and waterways. We are an eco friendly company that follows best practice principles and value the environment in which we operate. As an outdoor adventure tour operator, whose business is reliant on the environment we are committed to environmental sustainability. We are recognised as a Blue Mountains Sustainable Business and we practice the
“Leave No Trace” 7 Principles on all tours to minimise impact on the environment. View our commitment to the environment.
We are fully accredited and insured including:
- EcoTourism Australia - ECO Certification III Accreditation
- Tourism Accreditation Australia (TAAL) business accreditation
- Australian Tourism Quality Assured Accreditation - TQUAL
- Fully insured with up to $10 million public liability cover
- Member of ATEC (Australian Tourism Export Council) Member No. 20300
- Blue Mountains Sustainable Business
- Accredited by NARTA (National Accommodation, Recreation & Tourism Accreditiaton - No. 09135
- NSW Maritime Hire & Drive Licence No. HD0564
- Licensed to conduct Adventure activities in NSW National Parks - Parks EcoPass Licence No: LIC11/80
- Licensed to conduct Adventure activities on the Six Foot Track - Licence No SFT -08/W1.
- An accredited Four-Wheel Drive Tourist Service Operator - licence number 36341
- Certificate of Accreditation: Open tour or Charter Limited Passenger service. Accreditation No: 419294525
- Blue Mountain City council, Recreation Nature based License BMVBR016
- Commercial Visitors Service business licence with Parks and Wildlife Services Tasmania
- NSW Marine Parks Permit PSGLMP 2010/056 for entry into Port Stephens- Great Lakes Marine Park
- Life’s an Adventure is registered working with Children Check license number: 23409
We have our own fleet of Kayaks, Mountain Bikes and an extensive range of Camping Hire Equipment. In addition to our regular staff members listed below, Life's An Adventure employ a team of professional guides on a contract basis, all fully trained in their specific fields.
founder & company director
After a lifetime passion for the great outdoors, Managing Director Mark Norek is now focusing his energy on providing exciting outdoor adventure tours in Sydney and the Blue Mountains. Born and bred in Tasmania, from an early age Mark was exploring the great outdoors and walking the famous Cradle Mountain Overland track . Since then he has experienced numerous challenging walks, kayaks and rides around Australia and across the world.
Mark guides many of our walks, kayaks and rides. He is fully qualified Level 1 Flatwater Kayak and Canoe Instructor and holds a Outdoor Recreation Certificate IV, a Leaders Wilderness First Aid (LWFA) (7 days - 60 hours) , Remote Area First Aid ( 3 days - 24 hours) and a current Senior First Aid. He holds a Bronze Medallion T1721, is a current member of North Steyne Surf Club, has an Award in Administration Training - The Duke of Edinburgh’s award and studied a 4 year Bachelor of Physical Education, has an Advanced Diploma in Sports Management. and a Masters in Marketing (Business) from University of Technology, Sydney.
Vicki has had 10 years experience working for one of Australia's leading touring companies
as National Marketing Manager. She is an outdoor enthusiast with a passion for exploring the world such as walking the Inca Trail in South America, The Milford Track in New Zealand, the Tatra Mountains in Poland plus much more. She's kayaked with the seals in New Zealand, paddled through the waters of Croatia and explored the many beautiful must-do walks within Australia. Vicki is based in our Narrabeen office looking after Marketing and Administration.
Adrian loves his sports, outdoors, and adventure. He had been competing in Adventure racing for the past 5 years. He has a Diploma of fitness (fitness specialist) and a Diploma in Remedial massage. In the summer he enjoys scuba diving having gained his scuba Master diver licence. Adrian is first aid and CPR trained and up dates it each year. During his travels around Europe and beyond he got to spent 2.5 months sailing on a Tallship around Spain and the Cannary islands and also spent a season snowboarding the Austrian Alps. Recently Adrian worked as an outdoor instructor in the deserts of the United Arab Emirates.
mountain biking guide
Jeremy has been riding for more than 10 years, both cross country and downhill. He is a PMBI
(Professional Mountain Bike Instructor) Level 1 certified and has ridden all over the world, from the rugged mountains in Brisith Columbia, Canada to the grass lands of South Africa and in Australia from Queensland to Victoria. When he is not not riding his bike he says he is thinking about it and planning his next ride. He has guided for 3 years on some of Australias premieum tourist landmarks and now he is keen to use his experience and passion for biking to provide mountain bikers of all levels with a great biking experience.
Michael our resident instructor is bubbling with personality and makes all our participants feel at home immediately. Michael runs all our Adventure Club tennis and golf events and is trained as a professional tennis coach as well as being an extremely proficient instructor for any of all of our first time golfers. Michael is also a fully qualified Level 1 Flatwater Kayak and Canoe Instructor and has a Senior First Aid certificate.
bushwalking guide & photographer
Dean feels most at home in the bush with his trusty GPS in one hand and his camera in the other. Dean enjoys recording our Adventure Club Activities for all to enjoy. Check out our photo gallery for a snap-shot of his photos from past events. Dean is happy to organise prints of any of his photos at a nominal fee, if you'd like to order a shot please email us.